Ojha Institute of Chest Diseases
Ojha Institute of Chest Diseases, Karachi is located on main University Road. it was founded in 1942 as small set-up of few huts, consisting of fifty-eight single room and seven with double rooms.
In 1948 Ojha institute was handed over to the Government of Pakistan. In 1965 main building of the hospital was constructed having five blocks. Later on there was addition of 200 beds, alongwith laboratories, X-ray facilities, operation theaters, kitchen and lecture halls, which raised the total bed strength of the hospital to 350. In 1970 Ojha sanatorium was handed over to the health department, government of Sindh. In 1973 it was upgraded from sanatorium to the 'Institute of Chest Diseases (OICD)' and postgraduate diploma courses in Tuberculosis & Chest diseases were started.
In 1994 institute was recognized by the college of Physician & Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) for the diploma courses e.g. MCPS in chest diseases. In 1997 the Global TB unit WHO Geneva and SAARC Tuberculosis centre Kathmando, Nepal acknowledged this institute as centre of excellence for the treatment of tuberculosis and chest diseases. This Institute uptill now has produced more than 200 postgraduates having diploma in chest diseases (DICD) and they are serving within the country and abroad.
In December 2003 Ojha Institute of Chest Diseases became a constituent institute of the Dow University of Health Sciences and now it is known as Ojha Campus of the Dow University.